CBD or Cannabidoil that is made from hemp oil isn’t psychoactive. CBD exists in both hemp and cannabis. It should be noted that THC is in cannabis and it is what actually makes marjuana psychoactive. With that said, CBD oils don’t have THC and this oil is made from hemp and not from marijuana. Therefore, when you give your dog CBD oil you can rest assured that he won’t feel high. Your furry friend will only feel relaxed and enjoy the many benefits of CBD oil.
In addition to helping your dog relax…
2. It Lowers Anxiety
Do you have a dog that has noise phobias or even has separation anxiety? CBD oil has a very positive effect on anxiety and stress. CBD oil has been found to have a hugely positive effect on humans such as:
– Helps persons who have PTSD and panic disorders
– Helps to lower anxiety that may be due to the fear of public speaking
– Helps people who are anxious whether they are healthy or if they have anxiety disorders
As a result, if your dog has anxiety, then CBD oil that is made from hemp will definitely help to soothe this anxiety and make sure he is as relaxed as possible.
3. Fights Cancer
CBD oil has been found to fight cancer and actually has an anti-tumour effect. It can increase the death of tumor cells as well as stop the growth of cancer cells.
CBD oil can do the following:
– Blocks cancer cells from making energy which kills them
– Improves the immune system so that more cancer cells can be killed
– Inhibits the growth of glioma cells
– Increases the effectiveness of typical cancer treatments
4. Helps With The Management Of Epilepsy And Seizures
Unfortunately, as many as 5% of dogs get seizures. In these cases, the dogs are usually given drugs such as potassium bromide and phenobarbital to help control and reduce seizures. Unfortunately, these drugs are not effective for all dogs and they are also harmful to the organs and liver of the dog.
However, CBD has been found to work quite well, especially in cases where the dog has epilepsy that is resistant to drugs. There has been one particular study which showed 7 out of 8 patients significantly improved in only 4 to 5 months.
There was another study that showed that 84% of kids that also had drug resistant epilepsy also improved with a reduction in seizures.
5. Pain Relief
CBD oil is also great for reducing pain and this is due to the cannabinoids in it. As a result, many scientists are thinking about adding it as a new type of chronic pain treatment. CBD is also good for helping:
– Different types of pain such as pain due to nerves or neuropathy
– Inflammation that is due to premature aging, degeneration etc
– General types of inflammation
– Inflammation in the intestines due to irritable bowel disease
– Acute Pancreatitis inflammation
6. Treats Inflammatory Bowel Disease
There are animal studies which indicate that the use of CBD can help achieve normal gut motility in patients that have inflammatory bowel disease. It can even help prevent IBD or colitis. CBD has also been found to have many antibiotic properties.