Casino-going is by far the most popular pastime that the masses engage in. most countries have more than half of their citizenry frequenting casinos. Canada is one of the top leading countries worldwide where people are engaged in casino pursuits. About 75% of the Canadian population are casino goers. The Canadian casino market has seen major developments geared towards satisfying punters with the current trends. For instance, 5 dollar deposit casino 2022 has become phenomenal and is on the lips of every Canadian casino enthusiast.
Canada saw its first casino hall in 1971 when the Klondike Visitors Association erected Diamond Tooth Gerties Gambling Hall. Let’s look at other pioneer gambling dens in Canada.
- Cash Casino
- Billy Bakers Casino
- Cowboys Casino
- Treasure Cove Casino
Over the decades, Canada has witnessed more ultra-modern buildings constructed to serve as casinos. Over the years, timber and other construction material prices have skyrocketed, making it nearly impossible to build new casinos. As a result, players in the industry have found alternative methods to design and erect casino buildings. Thanks to modern technology, 3D Printing comes in handy to ensure the success of such endeavours. This article will discuss how one can use a 3D printer to design casino buildings in Canada. Read on if you are interested in knowing how all this is possible.
3D Printing is a relatively new happening, and many people are yet to grasp what it entails. In layman’s language, it is a process whereby three-dimensional solid entities are created using a digital file. Okay, that might be ambiguous; allow me to explain. A normal 3D printer operates like any other run-of-the-mill inkjet computer connected to a PC. It uses the Fused dimensional modelling technique to repeatedly print around the same area from the bottom, moving upwards. The printer is automated and works for hours to turn 3D computer-aided drawings into numerous 2D cross-sectional layers that sit on one another separated by paper. The printer then sprinkles molten plastics on these layers to create the intended 3D object.
Nowadays, 3D printers have become common among CSI types who use them to recreate crime scenes. However, crime labs aren’t the only places that can benefit from 3d printers; casino buildings can also reap their benefits. 3D printers can generate a room of 600 by 800 feet in one day with the process explained above; such a room is enough for minimal casino activities. In addition, furniture and casino decorations can be printed according to the owner’s specifications. Since it is still in its early stages, it will take time to see a casino the size of Encore Wynn being constructed via 3D Printing.
Although it is still in its development years, the benefits of using 3D printers in designing casino buildings are clear as day. A few countries have enjoyed the benefits of quickly constructed houses that have used 3D Printing, perfect for Canadian luxury travellers. Some of the major merits associated with the use of 3D printers are explained below.
- They are eco-friendly: Everyone today is environmentally conscious due to the damages that climate change has caused. 3D printers are designed to emit little or no waste to the environment. Additionally, all printers are optimised to use renewable solar power energy.
- They are fast and increase efficiency: When it comes to printing small-sized casino buildings, 3D printers take around 24 hours. In the years past, this was unheard of. With 3D Printing, regular partitioned office spaces take a few weeks to be completed.
- They provide design flexibility: Unlike traditional building practices, where building designs are limited. 3D printers can give any design fed to a computer, from arches to curves.
- They are economical: As said earlier, building materials such as lumber are a tad expensive. 3D printers provide a cheaper way of designing casino buildings. They also require less labour to operate.
- Increased accessibility: All 3D printers are portable, meaning they can be transported anywhere, even in places thought to be inaccessible before.
For all prototypes, some setbacks and flaws come with their applicability. For 3D printers, here are the disadvantages that accompany them.
- Prices of the printers: 3D printers are currently retailing at a very high price. It ranges from $180,000 to 1 million, meaning it is out of reach for ordinary folks.
- Size limits: It is crystal clear that we don’t see huge buildings made from 3D printers. Presently, all the models available in the market have a build volume of approximately 20 meters in all directions.
- Legal certification: In Canada and many other countries, the building and construction industry is highly regulated. Laws permitting and regulating 3D printed housing are yet to be enacted.
- It only achieves partial buildings: Buildings are not just structures. They consist of different sections such as plumbing and electric wires. Unfortunately, 3D printers can only fabricate foundations, walls, and frames for now. The rest require skilled manual labour.
Although 3D Printing seems to have numerous downsides, it is only the beginning. Manufacturers are working around the clock to minimise these shortcomings.
3D printers come with additional features that aid in designing casino buildings, as seen below.
- Topology optimisation: This is the next big thing in casino buildings design and can only be achieved using 3D printers. They use generative design techniques to remove unwanted concrete structures, thus eliminating the carbon oxide present in concrete slabs.
- Topography optimisation: 3D printers scan the area where a building is to be erected, eliminating the need to use excavators or explosive materials.
- Thermal bridging optimisation: 3D printers come with advanced algorithms for printing wall designs that allow them to achieve the minimal thermal bridging geometry necessary. It is necessary, especially when casino buildings have hollow foundation walls.
- Caterpillar home structures: 3D printers are known for efficiency, so they consider everything acquired from shared wall strategies and fast erection of 3D printed buildings in-situ.
Technological advancements happen daily, and their effects are being felt in every sector. As mentioned above, the latest entrant that has caused a ripple in how we design casino buildings is 3D Printing. Although the printers have small sizes currently, they are faster than conventional building techniques. Soon casino goers will be cranking slots machines housed by casinos built with 3D printers.