We all have a struggle to make it to the end of the month without going into the red, and with a few unexpected expenses rolling in, it is very easy to get into debt. It is therefore smart to put a little by, for those times when your balance hits zero, and with that in mind, here are a few cool hacks that will save you money.
- Automate your Savings – Yes, you read right, by setting up a savings account, create a direct debit for $20 a month to be transferred from your current a/c, then try to forget about it. Of course, everything is relative, and if you wouldn’t miss $100, then that’s how much you should transfer every month. You will need to have the self-discipline not to touch the money, of course, but if you leave it for a year, you’ll be very glad you did. If you are in need of cash, there’s always cash loans from Nimble, the number 1 Australian online lender with super-fast approval.
- Drink More Water – If you’re wondering how drinking more water is going to save you money, you won’t feel like buying that iced tea of soft drink if you keep yourself hydrated, plus it is good for your health to drink pure water, rather than ingesting the calories and additives that are found in carbonated drinks. Tip: Buy a cool mini-flask and take it with you when you go out, and whenever you feel like a drink, you have the perfect solution.
- Make Good Use of Coupons – Let’s face it, most of us simply throw them away, thinking it’s some kind of marketing ploy, yet if you are a regular customer, saving coupons saves you money. Take the time to read the terms and conditions and when you get a coupon, fold it and put it in your pocket, and in no time, you will have enough to get a free meal or drink. Here are a few tips to save money when shopping online, which are useful to know.
- Compare Products – This might sound a bit obvious, yet most people simply pick up the brand they always use, never thinking about the price. If you get into the habit of comparing products, it must result in savings, and every little helps – most millionaires spend time in the supermarket looking at different products before making a decision. We are creatures of habit and it won’t take long before comparing prices is second nature, ensuring that you get the best value for money. Here is a link to the government website on dealing with debt.
- The 7-Day Rule – When looking at something non-essential like a Bluetooth headset or phone case, don’t go ahead and buy, rather wait a full 7 days, and if you still feel you can afford it, then go ahead. One week is enough time for you to weigh up the pros and cons, and while it might be very nice, you won’t die without it, and there’s always the future, when you are in better shape financially.
It can be tough to stay in the black, and with the above tips, you can hopefully save a little on your monthly expenses and still have a few dollars left at the end of the month.