Customers are the heart of any business regardless of its size.
This aside, marketing studies have shown that retaining customers costs businesses much less than it does to acquire new clients. For businesses looking to maximize profitability and enjoy longevity, nurturing customer relationships become critical.
What are some of the ways to do this? Here are four ways to enable your business to build better customer relationships.
A good relationship marketing platform is all you need to keep in consistent communication with your customers.
Effective, continuous communication is important in nurturing relationships because it tells your customers that you do not only remember them when they are making purchases.
However, make this communication balanced not always related to sales. Find ways to communicate and provide them with useful information, aside from pushing your products and services.
2. Exceed Customer Service Expectations
To exceed customer expectations, businesses need to anticipate customer needs, and continuously adjust functions to meet their obligations.
Some of the things you can do towards exceeding expectations include:
- Deliver real-time client support: invest in technology that allows online chat boxes and other modes of two way communication
- Keep your pulse on your customer service team: they are on the front line of your operations. They are best placed to tell you what your customers like, hate and the changes they would love to see in your products and services
- Personalize services: small acts of appreciation such as thank you cards, recalling customer names and so on seem insignificant but go a long way in cementing customer relationships.
With many businesses standardizing their products and services, what will make new businesses attract and retain new clients? Pricing can be used as a differentiator, but low pricing tends to work against you in the long run.
This is why stellar customer services are a worthwhile investment.
3. Appreciate Loyal Customers
A great way to build and maintain customer relationships is by appreciating your customers.
Loyal clients are an asset to any business because they function as brand ambassadors through word of mouth.
Think about appreciating your customers in ways that matter to them and connect them to your business.
Some of the things you can consider include creating loyalty programs. Early access to new products and offering premium service to top long-term clients.
4. Be Serious About Feedback
Customers want to engage companies that listen and that are responsive to their needs.
Find multiple channels to ask your clients what they think and the changes they would like to see. This works on two fronts.
The first is that it helps your clients know they are important to your business. The second is that feedback helps you design your products better. Both aspects are central in helping you build good customer relationships.
Customer relationships are about helping you cement existing relationships and work towards brand loyalty.