A person’s appearance has a significant impact on their confidence. Out of the many aspects which people notice about you, one of the first things that catch their attention is your smile. Problems with your teeth are highly visible, and it is not easy to hide if your teeth are crooked or if you have other dental challenges. Dental problems can impact how your present yourself in public and may also hinder your chance at succeeding in your chosen career.
Many parents choose to have their children undergo orthodontic treatment while they are still in their teens. This is the best time for such procedures because it gives them ample time to achieve the desired results before they reach adulthood. However, orthodontic treatments like traditional wire braces can be quite uncomfortable, not to mention unsightly. Fortunately, there are recent advances in orthodontics that allow practitioners to offer alternatives suitable for treatment depending on their compatibility with the patient’s condition. One alternative to traditional wire braces is a passive self-ligating brace.
What are passive self-ligating braces?
Many suppliers like orthoextent.com provide orthodontists with a range of high-end supplies needed to administer a passive self-ligating brace treatment for dental patients. What this treatment entails is using an appliance that is quite similar to wire braces, but involves a different mechanism for alignment.
Traditional wire braces consist of brackets and wires that the orthodontist needs to adjust regularly. In contrast, a passive self-ligating brace has a sliding mechanism that allows the practitioner to slide in and attach wires into the brackets which will move along with the teeth during the alignment process. This system is not only less painful, but it also looks better and may provide positive results within a shorter time.
Advantages of a passive self-ligating brace
Some of the notable benefits of self-ligating braces include:
- Passive self-ligating braces are not are visible as traditional wire braces. When it comes to appearance, wearing them will not make the patient too conscious.
- Some studies concluded that patients who underwent passive self-ligating brace treatment for teeth alignment completed treatment approximately seven months earlier than patients with similar conditions who wore traditional wire braces.
- Passive self-ligating braces will not require as many visits to the dentist for adjustments.
- This method of teeth alignment does not put too much pressure on the patient’s teeth; hence, it is a less painful treatment option.
- Since this type of brace also results in less friction, there is less likelihood of teeth erosion and deterioration during the treatment process.
The bottom line is, wearing braces is perhaps the best way to correct dental alignment issues. While there is an option to wear passive self-ligating braces as an alternative to traditional wire braces, it is essential to check with your orthodontist if you are an excellent candidate for this procedure. You may also want to verify how much it will cost and if you have insurance which will cover it. Nevertheless, it is exciting that this dental advancement is available, giving practitioners and patients a variety of treatment options to choose from.
If you like the My Zeo and want to read more on the topic of lifestyle, check this out.