It is essential to take into account your figure and the shape of your chest to know the exact size and the most suitable swimsuit model for you.
With the arrival of summer, sooner or later it’s time for the long-awaited vacation. Trips to idyllic beach destinations begin, where you can relax and recharge your batteries and, before the well-deserved days off, it’s time to pack your bags. You cannot miss any of the necessary garments to enjoy and, one of the great essentials, are the swimsuits. But, do you count among your proposals the ideal swimsuit for your silhouette?
If throughout the year finding the perfect size can be a difficult task, buying a good swimsuit is not going to be an exception. The shape of our chest, the contour, our body type… is some of the key factors to take into account to find the swimsuit that best suits us.
In addition, the sizes on the market, for the most part, do not usually adapt to the measurements of real women. Therefore, if you have trouble finding a swimsuit that fits you like a glove, the best trick is to go to specialized stores and trust the expert corset makers who will know how to advise you until you find the model that suits you best.
With the help of these professionals, at Kameymall we are going to review the different types of swimsuits and bikinis that exist and, in each case, we will see what type of women suits them best. Thus, you will only have to find the model that best fits your silhouette. Also, one of the biggest mistakes when choosing a bikini does not really know what size you need. We give you the key to succeed once and for all.
Find your ideal swimsuit
To find the best swimsuit option, we must first know the different types that exist. To do this, specialized offer us a quick review of all the alternatives that you can find when you go to buy your next model.
- Swimsuit with an inner bra without padding. It is ideal for women with a slim or medium build but with a lot of chest. Visually, a firmer and reduced chest is seen.
- Swimsuit with a padded inner bra. This type of swimsuit offers the opposite, so it is the most recommended for larger women but with less chest.
- Swimsuit with padding and underwire on the outside. It works great for all types of women, especially if they want to enhance their chest and show off a good neckline.
- American cut swimsuit with padding. Perfect for women with a lot of body volume and with A, B or C cups. The effect of this type of cut manages to hide the volume a lot and avoids the flat chest effect that so many swimsuits entail.
- American cut swimsuit without padding. In this case, they are recommended for women with a lot of volume and who also have a large chest.
- Bathing suit with bathtub neckline. It can go with or without padding and is designed for those who seek the comfort of sunbathing without worrying about straps.
- Swimsuit with long sleeves. You may think it’s unusual, but there are women with sensitive skin who don’t want or can’t sunbathe.
- Prosthetic swimsuit. Those women who have just gone through the process of a mastectomy will need special swimsuits, a little higher both in the armpit and in the neckline. Inside they wear a bra prepared to place prosthesis.
- Maternity swimsuit. Pregnant women should also look for specific swimwear. They are known as balloon-type swimsuits and have an interior support so that the chest does not meet the belly.
The best bikini options
If you are more of a bikini than a swimsuit, you should know that these types of garments also need to be chosen well to be flattering. To find our perfect size, we must always rely on the size of our usual bra. The expert trick is to go down a cup size so that it fits like a glove and that the chest is well supported and collected. In the case of those women who have large sizes, it will also help to hide the volume.
Next, the experts explain the different types bikini swimsuits and which the ones that can best favor our silhouette are.
- Bikini with underwire and without padding. Perfect for women with a very large breast cup who do not need padding but do need good support.
- Bikini with underwire and without padded half chest. Ideal for younger women with very large cups looking to visually reduce their size. This is achieved thanks to the cut in the middle of the chest that also offers a lot of coverage.
- Strapless Bikini. This type of bikinis are recommended for those women who have little chest. Unfortunately, there are not many firms that know how to do it well for larger sizes. From cup D, you have to bet on brands with a lot of support such as Ory, Primadona and Carey. If not, the chest will fall and will not favor anything.
- Capacity padded bikini. This type of bikini has a super thin layer of padding designed to enhance and create a nice neckline.
Symptoms that the bikini is too big for you
Summer is a time where we put all worries aside. This task can be complicated when our bikini does not fit us well and does not give us the security we need. If this happens to you, it is most likely that you are wearing the wrong size. We are going to review the different situations in which you can find yourself so that you know which the best solution is.
If you see that with your bikini the chest is very low and the top part looks flat and empty, that means that it is too big for you. Visually, it causes an unpleasant sagging chest effect because the upper area is not completely filled.
With bandeau-style bikini bras we must be careful because, as they lack straps, they need a suitable design that fits very well to our chest and prevents it from falling. You may find yourself with a sagging effect or, if it’s too big for you, a very unflattering hollow out effect. Another common factor that makes this type of bikini look bad is the fact that very few women know how to put it on well.
If you jump in the pool, a wave comes or you get out of the water and the bikini doesn’t stay where it needs to be, the size is larger than it should be. The mistake can also be that the type of bikini chosen does not provide the right support for your type of chest. Another sign that the bikini size is too big is when the chest looks bigger and wider than it really is. Go down a size that fits the actual shape of your bust.