Perfumes play an important part of men’s life and are an integral part of their wardrobe. Fragrance perfumes are an invincible part of one’s personal style and have a powerful effect on how people recognize and remember them. A good perfume offers a number of other benefits as well; it makes a person more attractive and makes them feel more confident and less stressed.
Advantages of using perfumes by men:
The fragrance is a complex mixture of perfumed oils that are dissolved in a solvent. Perfumes with a strong fragrance have a higher concentration of oils. The strength of the fragrance determines how long the application lasts on one’s skin. Every perfume smells different on different people and apart from making one feel confident and attractive, there are also several other advantages in using perfumes on a regular basis for men.
Fragrances enhance attraction:
The most essential advantage of using perfumes on a regular basis is to attract the opposite pal. Research states that visual cues are more dominating in men but for women, it is the other way round. Women tend to use their nose more than their other senses. Using artificial fragrances helps in enhancing the natural scents of men and creates a more attractive olfactory experience.
It fosters a deeper emotional connection with people:
Science proves that smell triggers memories better than all other senses as the olfactory zone is connected with the limbic system direction. Powerful and unique scents provoke a deep and emotional connection in the mind. Don’t we still remember the smell of our dad when he hugs us? That particular aroma is strongly connected with our emotional brain and similarly, the aroma from perfumes used by men can create an emotional connection with their loved ones.
Enhances one’s overall impression:
Dressing up well boosts one’s confidence level and all of us feel good when we look nice. Wearing a cologne perfume helps in enhancing this feeling, and also, to smell great helps in realizing one’s importance even during the normal days.
How to choose and buy and right perfume:
Most men tend to choose their perfume based on its fragrance and scent. There are quite a few guidelines to follow in choosing the best perfume for men that reflects his personality.
- The best person to determine the right scent is you, do not let others choose the perfume for you
- Make use of others opinions while choosing the perfume that may reinforce your own opinion.
- Test the perfume if it complements the natural body odour before buying it
- Departmental stores are the best venues to choose the right perfume after trying all the available options there.
- Perfume bottles are available in different bottle sizes, and they usually range between 1 and 4 ounce. Those buying new fragrances should try small bottles to reduce the risk.
- Fragrance in the perfume will not be the same for long, rapid heat fluctuations can cause the molecules of the perfume to break apart. Store it in a cool, dark and a dry place for optimal results.
Tips for testing perfumes:
It is important to test the perfume before buying as some of its ingredients can be allergic to some of the users. Some useful tips in testing the perfume are,
- Try the perfume on paper testers until the choice has been narrowed down to two or three brands.
- Smell some other strong odour such as tea or coffee, in between testing different perfumes. Another alternative is to rub the palate with the elbow as the pH of the skin and its sweat can neutralize the olfactory sense.
- Try the perfume on a smaller area of the skin and wait for at least ten minutes for it to react. The aroma you receive is exactly how the perfume is going to smell on your body.
- To not buy a brand that is likely to cause any itching or irritation on the skin.
- If the store is sending trail samples to take home and test, take advantage of it and try the sample for a week before investing in a complete bottle.
Different types of perfumes available for men:
The entire world or men’s fragrances can be broken down into four defined scents. They are,
- Floral perfumes:
These are traditional scents with floral tones such as jasmine, lavender, rose, gardenia, etc. Some brands have ventured into fruit scents such as berries and peaches as well.
These perfumes are from natural derivatives and render a very manly smell. Some of the famous woods that are inculcated in perfumes are sandalwood, moss, cedar, etc. These forest inspired perfumes are both nostalgic and refreshing for men.
These perfumes render a rich and sensual scent defined by spices such as vanilla, cinnamon, patchouli, etc. perfumes that feature a musky scent falls in this category as well.
These perfumes feature a wide range of many vigorous scents that include green, citrus and water smells. Some of the common aromas in these scents are fresh cut grass, lemon, orange, sea breeze, etc.
How best to apply the perfume for optimal results?
More than choosing the best perfume for men, what is more, important is the technique of its application. Refrain from spraying the perfume here and there; centre them on the pulse points of the body. Spraying them over the pulse points of the body allows the natural body heat to distribute them evenly and activates the scent. These pulse points are the wrists, insides of the elbows and the knees, behind the ears, and base of the neck. It is important to dab and not rub the perfume as it can compromise its scent. It is also good to apply the perfume in small quantities so that people should not identify the smell until they are within a one-foot radius from you.
The smell is the strongest sense of all as it is connected with one’s memory and can develop deep emotional connections. Wearing perfume is also a distinctive way of expressing oneself beyond words. So, choose the one that makes you feel comfortable, enhances your confidence and builds an appreciation.