When it comes to renovating your home, one way to give it new life is by installing new flooring. A popular flooring option nowadays is vinyl flooring. It is the newest trend everyone wants to try. With its cheap price and technological enhancement, it’s no wonder that vinyl flooring is getting rave reviews today. It is so easy to install that it can even be your next DIY project.
Vinyl flooring gives a beautiful hardwood, tile, or stone appearance, without you having to pay an exorbitant amount for it. Vinyl is drastically cheaper compared to real, natural materials. It is also much easier to clean and maintain than the real thing.
Not yet convinced? Here are five reasons why you should try vinyl flooring:
- Variety of options. You can choose from a range of colours, designs, and textures. There are a lot of options that resemble traditional stone, hardwood, and slate tiles. You can choose water resistant flooring or waterproof flooring depending on your need, with an anti-slip coating. Some manufacturers even apply some anti-microbial coating to reduce the chance of any harmful organism clinging to your vinyl floor, making your home safer and cleaner.
- Wherever you want it to be installed, you can do it. Vinyl flooring is so easy to install. You can install it in both dry areas such as dining rooms, bedrooms and the kitchen and wet areas such as bathrooms and laundry rooms without worrying that your floors will deform or, worse still, rot.
- Vinyl floors will last you a long time because vinyl is scratch resistant and hence, pet-proof. You can let your dog run wild, making playtime with your furry friend worry-free. Unlike real wood flooring, vinyl floors won’t absorb water, so they won’t warp or fracture in the long run. It also won’t chip, which is a common problem with tiles when something is dropped on them.
- Vinyl floors add warmth to your living space. They make your home aesthetically pleasing and it is much nicer to walk on them barefoot than on freezing cold tiles or floorboards.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance. There’s no trouble in keeping your vinyl floors squeaky clean. Their quick-to-clean surface is not easily penetrated by grease, water, chemicals, or oil. You just have to run a mop over the floor a few times a week to maintain it in mint condition. Of course, sweeping or vacuuming the area first before using a mop will help a lot too.
With so many options available and at friendly price points, it is not surprising that vinyl is taking over the flooring market big time.