The evolution of the humble mattress has become so much more than that, it’s been tweaked and modified and recreated in such a way that life has turned into 100 questions when we look to purchase a new mattress. When did it all change?
Materials have been re-invented, more environmentally friendly and increasingly beneficial to the longevity of our years. We now need to research, have questions written down to ask sales staff and tick off the boxes related to the features that will best suit us and our lifestyles. All seems a bit overwhelming if you ask me. Eek.
A mere mattress https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattress is all we came in for. Considering what we know, let’s take a look at the new kid on the block. The latex mattress.
What is a latex mattress?
It is a combination of what’s known as latex foam and either reflex or spring foams creating a durable and most importantly supportive sleep surface. Because we all know sleep is imperative to a proper functioning life, and to minimize the death looks we end up giving everyone for lack of sleep.
The main ‘ingredient’ comes from the sap of the rubber tree discovered as early as the 1900’s. As latex is a natural component of the mattress process, its filling is usually combined with other materials to create an all-round well-balanced mattress.
5 Advantages of using a latex mattress.
- Durability. With the natural fibers that make up the materials it is a good option if you want something that isn’t going to lose its shape. It bounces back once you’re up and about seizing the day.
- Maintenance. The more popular versions now come in a single layer latex, so there is no need to constantly flip your mattress, the maintenance aspect is significantly reduced.
- Pressure-relief. Responding rapidly to your weight due to its elasticity, this elastic component distributes your gravity on pressure sensitive points such as shoulders and hips. No more waking up and aching from head to toe.
- Allergy resistant. Because of its structure it prevents dust mites and bed bugs thus keeping your environment clean, fresh and healthy. Latex mattress also use no harmful chemical in the making process.
- Economical. If you are always looking for a way to give back to Mother Nature, then a latex solution is for you. Naturally taken from trees which turn carbon dioxide into oxygen, you are creating a more sustainable future. They are more biodegradable.
For a more in-depth look into its great features and benefits, check out this quick video with great examples on how it can drastically improve your quality of life.
Synthetic latex vs Natural latex.
Just to add to the list of things to look for when shopping for a new mattress they throw new jargon into the mix. When it comes to synthetic latex it indicates that a variety of different materials have been used together, not 100% natural rubber latex.
Synthetics tend to throw in a type of plastic, similar to that used in the ground for children play areas, while no evidence has been brought to light that it is harmful in any way, if you’re looking for something that is 100% natural be sure to check the label.
Going the full on natural route ensures its durability, and will have more springiness to it compared to mixed model.
If this sounds like something you would like to add to your life and experience its wondrous properties, then be sure to have a look at some of the top latex rubber mattresses on the market and start your journey to a more comfortable life.
How to decide you need a latex mattress?
The mattress you have doesn’t seem to be giving you the rest or comfortability you’re looking for when you put your head down to sleep each night, well this is a tell-tale sign to start researching some options and doing a bit of homework before the situation gets worse.
You may be carrying a few extra pounds if it’s just gone the holiday season, we’ve all been there, I’m not judging. But this does impact your quality of sleep, even more so with a spiky mattress. While the weight may take a touch longer to lose, buying a latex mattress is almost instant, so there is a ‘right now’ solution you could take.
I don’t know if you’re like me, but I feel life is just getting increasingly more expensive, how about a hand out once in a while am I right?
Therefore the last thing we want is to be spending large sums on a mattress every 2years, thankfully this is not so with latex. A minimum warranty of 5 years will give you that sigh of relief you’ve been looking for. More cost-effective.
You may be a hot sleeper, kicking off the blankets in the middle of the night or waking up in a sheen of sweat. With the even weight distribution this also contributes to the circulation of air flow, so heat isn’t trapped in the mattress but rather dissipated.
And lastly but not least important, the movement in the bed, you sleep like a start fish and roll around like you’re at a theme park. But because latex has low transfer motion capability, your hubby can sleep in peace while you enjoy the park rides.
Why waste life by not resting well, opt latex and focus on more important factors of life. Like cake. Yes please.