As the temperature drops, the need for heating oil goes up. Climate change poses a great risk to people with inadequate heating solutions in their apartments. Just like Christopher Dodd rightly asserted, heating up an apartment is an energy sapping expenditure during winter.
According to data sourced from the United States Environmental Protection Agency, between 1979 and 2016, a total of more than 19,000 Americans have died from cold- related causes according to death certificates.
It is important that your apartment is adequately heated. You can get a step closer to getting your apartment properly heated by purchasing electric boilers for home heating.
Why should my apartment be heated?
- Staying in a cold apartment is difficult. A well functioning heating system makes you comfortable at home even during harsh weather conditions.
- It prevents you from catching colds or flu.
- Sleeping becomes easier when your apartment is properly heated.
- It makes recovery from illness caused by cold easier. You can’t recover fully from a cold related illness in a cold apartment.
- A cold temperature can be detrimental to your health. According to World Health Organization, the ideal indoor temperature during winter should not be lower than 64° Fahrenheit. Your blood pressure and heart rate can be affected when you’re exposed to less than ideal room temperature.
How do I heat up my apartment?
- Be ready to invest in getting heating appliances such as electric boilers for home heating.
- You can have a programmable thermostat installed. Here, you can fix a flexible heating routine that is not overly expensive. You can turn it off when you are away during the day.
- Make sure nothing impedes the free flow of warm air into each rooms in your apartment.
- During the day, when the sun is up, you can take advantage of the solar energy released by opening your curtains and window blinds.
- Shop for an easy to operate weather stripping product. Get the one that best suit the surface its meant for.
- Make sure storm windows are properly closed. This will help reflect heat back into a room during cold months.
- It is advisable you install protective covers on windows and on air conditioners fixed through the wall so as to block winter drafts.
- You need a humidifier to maintain relative apartment humidity.
- You can heat up your apartment with a wood- burning fireplace. Close the damper when not in use.
Types of heating solutions for your apartment
- Electric boilers
- Electric panel heaters
- Electric fan heaters
- Electric radiant oil heaters
- Ethanol fireplaces
- Wood fireplaces
- Kerosene heaters
- Gas space heaters
- Electric underfloor heaters
- Mini split heating and air condition units
- Gas fireplace, and a host of other heating solutions.
Electric boilers for home heating provide you with an efficient heating solution. Get energy efficient boiler from Free Boiler Scheme. This aims to replace your old boiler from well known energy suppliers. Save more as the replacement cost will not be a burden to your pocket, will even give you free once qualified.