Do you regularly clean your laminate floors? Do you have any idea how should it be cleaned? Well, you may be wondering why it is essential for you to have your laminate floors be cleaned properly — having laminate floors require you to maintain its cleanliness regularly.
To avoid laminate floors from getting scratched or damaged, you should not use harsh cleaner since it can cause streaks and warp the laminate.
Your laminated floors should be regularly mopped to generally clean, but if you want to clean it thoroughly you can use warm water, or you can apply mild cleaners to ensure that your laminate floor will have longer service life since it is free from damage.
To help you, here are some cleaning ideas that will help your laminate floors maintain its beauty like a newly installed one. But before that, it is needed for you to have prior knowledge of what to use in cleaning your laminate floors.
Here’s the list of what you need right before cleaning:
- Soft broom & dustpan
- Old Towel
- Spray Bottle
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Half a cup of white vinegar
- Dish soap
- Warm water
Tip 1- Laminate flooring is fairly easy to take care
- You should first sweep the floor with the use of the soft broom or use the vacuum cleaner to eradicate the dirt and other residue left in the laminate floor. You may choose the best vacuum brands like dyson, shark, irobot, and so on to clean your laminate floor. You can also dry mop it to maintain the wear layer.
- A few drops of laminate cleanser is enough and must be put directly on the floor. If ever you don’t have a cleanser, you can use the dish soap instead of clean your laminate floor.
- Make sure that the bucket is filled with clean water. With this, dip your mop and thoroughly clean the floor. Right after mopping, make sure to dry it quickly.
Note: Excessive use of water can damage the laminate flooring. That’s why it is important to estimate the use of water moderately.
Tip 2- One of the effective ways in cleaning laminate flooring is by using hot water.
- If you prefer to use hot water as a way of cleaning your laminate floor, make sure to not perform this cleaning. procedure every time since it can also damage the floor. Doing it at least once a month is enough.
- You can use a sponge or a mop cloth when you clean the floor with hot water. Make sure that the water isn’t that hot so you won’t sear.
- This cleaning must not be done with hot water alone. To ensure the cleanliness of the floor, you can mix liquid dish soap with a ratio of 1:8.and rinse with warm water.
- With the hot water mixed with liquid dish soap, soak the mop, squeeze it thoroughly and properly clean it.
- Aside from hot water, you can also use water mixed with soap as a cleaning procedure with your laminate floor.
Note: The hot water being used shouldn’t be steaming hot since it causes damage to your laminate floor or even to you.
Tip 3- Another special way to clean your laminated floor is mixing the water with vinegar.
- With the 4 liters of water, you can use and mix a 60 – 80 ml of vinegar. This procedure will prepare the perfect product to clean the laminate floor.
- To use it properly, the solution must be poured in a spray bottle.
- Avoid praying the water with vinegar all at once. Spray it and with the soft cloth, wipe it properly. This procedure brings shine to your floor in a short span of time.
Tip 4- Make use of window cleaner to eradicate the dirt in the laminate floor.
- Spray the window cleaner directly on the stains on the laminate floor. Right after spraying, make use of warm water and wipe it clean.
- To prevent scratches and damages on the flooring, do not use hard tools instead make use of a smooth fiber cloth to wipe the floor.
- If there’s a chewing gum left on the floor, scrape away with a plastic knife and not a metal knife since it can cause scratches.
- Clean with hot water after scrapping. This will give a shiny look to your laminate floor.
Tip 5- To remove stains such as crayon marks and ink marks, use a detergent mix with hot water.
- Mix the detergent with hot water in a bucket.Use the soft cloth and wipe it on the stains left on the laminate floor.
- To remove ink marks, you can use an ink remover.
Laminate floors are commonly used for both households and commercials and create an impression of the interior structure of your house. That’s why it is important to maintain the cleanliness of these laminate floors.
Did you enjoy the tutorial? We hope that it helps you with your laminate floors. If you have any inquiries, you can ask in the comment section and if you like the tutorial, don’t forget to share this article!
To read more on topics like this, check out the house category.