Dental veneers help give your teeth a better appearance. You can get veneers if you have gaps in your teeth or are not satisfied with the shape of your teeth.
There are numerous dentists in Ohio; however, if you are situated in Hilliard veneers fixation must be done by a trusted dentist that has expertise in the cosmetic dental field.
Veneers look exactly like your natural teeth and can be used if your teeth are badly stained and cannot be fixed by any whitening method.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin covers made out of porcelain or resin to give your teeth a better shape. They are designed according to the size and shape of your teeth. Veneers are permanently bonded to your teeth.
- For getting dental veneers, you require three dental appointments in total. Once for the diagnosis and the next two for your treatment procedure. More than one tooth can get veneers at one time.
- During your first appointment, your dentist will examine your teeth and ask you about the desired results you wish to achieve.
- He will take X-rays and impressions of your mouth and discuss the procedure with you.
- In your second appointment, your dentist will reshape the surface of your tooth and make sure that it is thick enough to match with the veneer.
- Next, he will take impressions of your tooth and send them to the laboratory, which will make your veneers.
- As the process of making permanent veneers takes around three weeks, your dentist will fit temporary veneers.
- In your third and final appointment, he will replace the temporary veneers with the permanent ones.
- Veneers look very natural as the design is made to fit with your facial structure, which makes them feel and look realistic.
- If you go for orthodontic treatment like braces, it will take years to fill in your gaps. However, veneers help in getting the same results in just a few weeks.
- Veneers are permanent and reliable as they resist any kind of stains and cavities in your teeth, giving you an effortlessly perfect smile.
- The maintenance of dental veneers is very minimal. You don’t have to go for regular visits to your dentists or apply any fancy ointments to your teeth to maintain veneers. All you have to do is hold your essential oral health, like brushing and flossing your teeth.
Veneers increase your self-confidence and help in giving you a better smile. It enhances the look of your teeth in just a matter of days.
It is essential that you discuss your expectations with your dentist and understand all the available options for your teeth so that you get nothing but a proper treatment for your necessity.