Your hairstyle and hair condition depict your style and personality. Excessive hair loss can affect your self-esteem and even lead to depression. However, if diagnosed right and in time, you can stop hair fall with certain natural remedies for hair growth.
Book an appointment
If you’re trying to regrow hair that you’ve lost or want to improve your hair condition, you can try some of the natural remedies for hair growth. Here are some natural hair treatments and effective hair care tips, specially compiled for you:
Also read: https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-conditions
- Massage: Massaging the scalp in combination with hair oils and masks can help to restore hair growth. According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), scalp massage increases hair thickness by stretching dermal papilla cells (located at the bottom of hair follicles).
- Coconut oil: According to a research study by The National Center for Biotechnology Information, coconut oil improves the health and lustre of your hair. It contains fatty acids that penetrate the hair shaft and reduce protein loss from your hair. If your hair tends to be oily, you can do a leave-in treatment overnight or for a few hours before you wash it. If your hair is dry, you can also use it as a leave-in treatment.
- Essential hair growth oils: As per a research study published in The National Library of Medicine, rosemary oil stimulates new hair growth and can be used to treat androgenetic alopecia. You can use geranium oil to promote hair growth and boost blood circulation. Lemon oil can also help to maintain a healthy scalp and encourage hair growth. Do not use these essential oils directly on the skin; always mix them with a carrier oil, hair mask or shampoo.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Fish oil is one of the most commonly consumed dietary supplements. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very important for your overall good health. They are also found abundantly in foods like walnuts, seafood, fatty fish and flax seeds. Consuming omega fatty acids can help to improve your hair from within, since they are filled with nutrients like proteins. As per a research study published in The National Library of Medicine, taking an omega supplement along with antioxidants helps to increase hair thickness and diameter. It also reduces hair loss. Always take these supplements under the supervision of your hair doctor.
- Hair growth supplements: According to a research study published in The U.S. National Library of Medicine, taking ginseng supplements can promote hair growth by stimulating hair follicles. Ginsenosides are the active components of ginseng and are responsible for its positive effect on hair. Take these supplements under the supervision of your hair doctor and be sure to monitor any possible side-effects.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera can aid in treating hair loss. According to The National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), it soothes the scalp and conditions the hair. It can reduce dandruff and unblock hair follicles that may be blocked due to excess oil. You can apply pure aloe vera gel to your scalp and hair or opt for natural hair care products that contain aloe vera.
- Amla (Indian gooseberry): This is a very effective remedy to stop hair fall. Since amla is rich in vitamin C, it will provide strength to the hair follicles and control your hair fall. The anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties of amla make it an excellent agent to promote hair growth and also prevent premature greying. You can apply the amla powder mask on your scalp and hair for healthy hair.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice can enhance your hair quality and hair growth. Apply lemon juice to your scalp and hair 15 minutes before you shampoo.
- Onion juice: The antibacterial properties of onions help fight against hair diseases, while the sulphur content improves blood circulation. It can promote hair growth and control hair loss. You can apply the juice to your scalp and hair and then rinse it off after some time.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the root causes for a lot of health problems, including hair loss. It can also disrupt the process of hair growth and lead to premature greying. Therefore, stress management techniques like meditation and yoga on a regular basis can prove to be beneficial.
While these tips may work for mild hair loss, you should consult a hair doctor or a trichologist about other hair treatment plans to address excessive hair fall.
Hair Growth Treatment
Hair loss is not a superficial problem; it is often a result of underlying health conditions, including emotional or psychological issues. A homeopathic doctor will examine your condition, conduct a detailed case analysis, get to the root cause and then prescribe the medicines. According to The World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research, various homeopathic medicines like Phosphorus Acid, Sepia, Sulphur, Graphites and Phosphoric Acid can help in controlling hair fall effectively. It advised not to self-medicate but to consult a homeopathic specialist to treat your hair loss problem.
Read about the homeopathy treatment for hair loss: https://www.drbatras.ae/what-is-homeopathy-and-how-does-it-work