Office workers spend their days sitting for hours, but office work takes a massive toll on the body. Most people working in an office experience episodes of chronic back pain, blood circulation problems, migraines, or insomnia. Sitting for hours causes the body to adapt a slumped posture, which often leads to sore shoulders, headache, and stiff neck. Improper body posture can add unnecessary weight and pressure on your internal organs. Also, the body is naturally designed to be active and moving. Sitting for a long period of time causes the body to activate more muscles to fight fatigue and pressure while seated.
Luckily, these symptoms can be relieved with massage therapy. It is a safe and natural way to alleviate intense pain, improve posture, and optimize overall health, both physically and mentally. The massage therapist uses stroke techniques that promote relaxation and boost blood circulation.
Here are several reasons why office workers need to book physiotherapy in North York:
- Increased Productivity – Sitting slouched and hunched for a period of time can cause improper posture. This often results in sore backs, achy spines, and stiff joints. Getting a massage helps loosen tight muscles, increase flexibility, and correct improper posture by reinforcing the natural alignment of the body. When office workers feel more relaxed and energized, they are able to perform better.
- Relieve Tension, Stress, and Anxiety – Many employees are subjected to tension, stress, and anxiety due to meeting deadlines and quotas. When the pressure becomes too much to bear, it affects the body and mind. It causes employees to become grouchy and grumpy. Massage therapy helps rebalance your hormones, reduces stress hormone levels by 30 percent, and boost dopamine and serotonin levels by 21 and 28 percent.
- Better Sleep Quality – Not getting a good night’s sleep causes tiredness and stress. Sleepiness can affect the worker’s performance. Since massage promotes relaxation, it helps employees rest well overnight. This allows employees to function at a high level, which helps increase productivity and achieve short and long-term goals.
- Improve Mobility – The body is not designed to stay inactive for a long time. Desk work limits your range of movement every day. Also, most office work involves typing all day, which is extremely repetitive. The combination of limited mobility and repetition can have damaging effects on the body. However, getting massage therapy helps loosen muscle tension, allowing the joints to move more freely.
- Boost Immune System – A growing body of studies has reported that massage therapy helps boost the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells in the body to fight off harmful bacteria and viruses. Getting regular massage therapy sessions can help you stay protected during the cold and flu season.
Workplace safety training by TRH group helps office managers ensure a healthy and safe work environment for all employees. It also helps determine potential safety hazards and correct them. Keep in mind that awareness saves lives and prevents workplace injury, stress, and tension. Although office workers are not subjected to heavy, physical labour, understanding office safety practices keeps them safe from pain and injuries, and maintaining optimal health.
Local SEO Search’s list of top 10 physiotherapists in Ajax can help you make a smart decision on what to choose from the best.
Leave a Reply