Did you know there that is a part of your brain referred to as the “fear network“? Anxiety is the result of the ongoing “chatter” between the regions of the brain that are part of this network.
Do you suffer from anxiety like many others around the world? Have you pondered THC vs. CBD for your anxiety rather than traditional anxiety medicine?
If you’re looking for new ways to ease your anxiety, keep reading to learn about the pros and cons of CBD vs. THC for anxiety. One of these may be the answer to your problems.
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the naturally-occurring chemicals found in the Cannabis sativa plant commonly known as marijuana or hemp. Many of the products you see labeled CBD come from hemp plants where the amount of THC tends to be much lower than in marijuana plants.
Pros and Cons of Using CBD for Anxiety
Treating anxiety is one of the most popular uses of CBD. It is believed to affect the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical that has something to do with sleep, mood, and behavior. If CBD indeed regulates serotonin levels, it works in a way that is similar to antidepressants.
- It is easy to use. You don’t have to take it at the same time every day. You can mix the oils in your food or drink or put it under your tongue. It has no odor and not much taste.
- It doesn’t get you high. You won’t get addicted or develop a tolerance for it.
- It may also treat other things like pain and inflammation.
- It may cause drowsiness. Start with the smallest dosage until you figure out what works for you.
- There has only been a small amount of research on its effect on anxiety.
What is THC?
THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is another chemical found in the Cannabis sativa plant but this chemical is a little different as it is responsible for the “high” you get when using marijuana.
Pros and Cons of Using THC for Anxiety
Using medical marijuana for anxiety is still in the early stages of research.
- It may relieve symptoms of anxiety, depression, and stress immediately.
- It increases a sense of calm.
- It may make you more anxious.
- It may cause long-term memory loss.
- You can become psychologically dependent on it.
- Leads to higher levels of psychiatric disorders.
In the market for CBD products? Click here for good deals on CBD. Our premium CBD is engineered to make grown-up life easier.
CBD vs. THC for Anxiety
Now that you’ve seen both sides of the debate on CBD vs. THC for anxiety, which one will work best for you? Keep in mind that federal and state laws differ regarding these products.
Be sure to bookmark our site for easy access to the latest blog articles on everything from health, fitness, pets, home, lifestyle, and everything in between. We share a variety of advice from money-saving tips to coping with loneliness. We have you covered.