Protein shakes and smoothies have increased in popularity in recent times, and there’s no doubt that their star will continue to rise. They’re an effortless way of incorporating more protein into your daily diet and taste delicious. Let’s take a look at why taking a protein smoothie could help your health and wellbeing.
What’s so good about protein smoothies?
Protein is one of the body’s most important macronutrients. Its role is to produce enzymes, build muscles, and repair tissues, and it’s one of the key building blocks of muscle, bone and skin. In other words, you’d be lost without it.
When you take in protein, you feel fuller for longer, which can help to reduce snacking in between meals. After a workout, protein is important for muscle regrowth and tissue, which is why so many people enjoy a protein shake immediately after exercise. Research has also found that one of the compounds in protein – Tryptophan – may also help improve the symptoms associated with depression.
What makes protein smoothies so special?
As well as being good for you, protein smoothies are delicious. We adore Love Struck’s Frutasia and Veggie-Nator smoothies, as they’re packed with protein and other beneficial ingredients. Here’s why they’re so special:
- As you would hope, they’re bursting with protein, and as much as 20% of the energy that you get from one serving comes from protein alone.
- Each of the smoothies is pure and natural, made from pure protein pellets. You need to be careful of some protein products on the market, as they can contain heavy metals that include arsenic and lead.
- The smoothies contain whey protein, which is a complete protein that is rich in the amino acids that the human body needs to thrive.
- Another key ingredient is chlorella, which boosts your immunity by binding to heavy metals. It’s an antioxidant, so it also helps to regulate your blood pressure and sugars.
- Each of the smoothies contains spirulina, which is high in protein and vitamins, which aids with blood pressure, metabolism, and gut health.
- Last but not least – they’re delicious! In addition to the protein goodness, Love Struck combines the likes of spinach, kale, broccoli, passionfruit, mango, and banana to make them taste as good as they look!
One of the most important things about the smoothies you drink is choosing a brand you can trust. Love Struck’s smoothies are full of natural ingredients and taste delicious, making them a great choice if you’re hoping to add some much-needed protein to your diet.