Your skin, the largest body system, accounts for 15% of your body weight and has organs working in synchrony to perform tasks. Keeping your skin healthy and hydrated helps boost your confidence and self-esteem. Any disorders or diseases affecting the skin is termed as a skin disorder, with a wide cause range.
If you believe you have skin disorder symptoms, contact Dr. William Long in New York, a specialized Manhattan dermatologist.
What Causes Skin Disorder?
With diverse skin disorders comes a wide range of causes, including:
· Certain diseases.
· Problems with the immune system.
· Genetic makeup.
Common Skin Disorders
There are more than 3,000 varieties of skin disorders. However, several of them are common in society. These disorders include:
· Acne, which is common among US teenagers usually results in anxiety.
· Diaper rash.
· Contact dermatitis.
· Atopic dermatitis is common in children.
Rare Skin Disorders
The diversity in skin disorder, some disorders have become rare including:
- Blau syndrome.
- Harlequin ichthyosis.
- Lamellar ichthyosis.
- Peeling skin syndrome.
- Actinic prurigo.
Skin Disorders Symptoms
Just like other diseases, skin disorders are characterized by different symptoms listed below:
· White or red raised bumps.
· Skin that is cracked or dry.
· Skin peeling.
· Skin patches that are discolored.
· An itchy or painful rash.
· Skin that is rough or scaly.
Skin Disorder Mode of Transmission
Skin disorders can be transmitted directly or indirectly. In indirect transmission, a host that is susceptible contacts the infectious agent by droplets spread or direct contact from a reservoir. Direct transmission occurs when skin is in contact, sexual intercourse, and kissing. It may also occur when a host is directly in contact with the environment harboring the organisms that are infectious.
While contact is the most common transmission mode, other modes include:
· Common Vehicle.
Factors Involved in Transmission of Skin Disorder
For a successful skin disease transmission, certain factors play a key role:
· Transmitting agent.
· The transmission mode.
· The reservoir can be non-living, human, or animal.
· The entry route.
· The host that is susceptible.
· The exit route.
Skin Disorder Prevention Measures
To curb the spread of skin diseases, certain measures can be taken including:
· Frequently washing your hands with warm water and soap.
· Avoiding sharing drinking and eating utensils.
· Avoid direct skin contact with an infected person.
· Cleaning public pieces of equipment before using them, for instance in a gym.
Skin Disorder Treatment
Different skin disorders have different treatment methods, some of these methods of treatment include:
· Prescribed medication that is targeted.
· The use of ointments and medicated creams.
· Laser therapy.
· Injections from steroids or vitamins.
Talk to a Dermatology Specialist Today
Your skin is an important aspect of your appearance. Healthy skin reduces your stress and anxiety levels and boosts your confidence, increasing your self-esteem. Manhattan Dermatology offers the best resolutions to skin disorders with vast treatment options which will improve the quality of your life. Contact them today for symptom discussions with Dr. William Long.