Enamel Erosion or commonly referred to as Dental Erosion is generally assumed to be the loss of tooth enamel. Tooth enamel is the hard outer tooth surface, whose main role is to safeguard the inner part of the tooth or the dentin layer. Although this is the hardest mineral in your body, it is subjected to damage and loss like wearing away.
Apart from sugar, another basic cause of enamel erosion is however related to calcium. The acidic conditions are caused in your mouth due to food intake or other health issues, resulting in softening of the enamel layer. Your diet system plays a major factor in enamel erosion, especially in kids as well as adults.
So whenever you face such chronic problems visit your local dentist Boronia to get relief from such hazards.
Treatment For Enamel Erosion
There are various procedures and treatments for enamel erosion. The basic common treatment options are as follows:
- In the localized or minor areas of your mouth, the dentist performs fillings for such decay.
- Capping or crowning for bigger decayed spots or areas.
- Dental bonding to safeguard the surface areas of multiple teeth.
- Veneers for stronger protection of multiple or all your teeth.
Depending on how much damage has been caused, your dental expert would follow dental procedures like a root canal or even tooth extraction under extreme circumstances. While performing a root canal operation, the dentist would advise a crown. During the process of extraction, you would be provided with options like a bridge or permanent implant.
The Various Preventive Measures
Enamel erosion which is a permanent issue, which would relate to the loss or wearing away of the enamel, could only be managed to a certain extent but can not be returned to normal condition. Therefore, it is better to follow the policy of prevention is always better than cure.
There are certain things to be followed which could overcome such problems such as:
- One should lessen the intake of sugary, acidic, and other carbonated beverages. You should rather drink tea with less sugar, and drink plenty of water.
- You should also take requisite amounts of water while chewing citrus or acidic fruits which would wash away the unwanted particles or residues.
- One should start chewing xylitol gum as prescribed by his or her dentist which naturally stops bacterial growth, stimulates the saliva, and cleans away the residual components from the mouth.
- It is advised to use a dentist-recommended toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. You should brush twice daily and wash your mouth thoroughly after heavy meals.
After having summarized all the above-mentioned points and the other related issues, it is better to refer to the family dental practice in Boronia, which delivers efficient professional services in most of the areas in Boronia. The Dentist Boronia is proud of providing smiling, caring, friendly and the best possible dental treatment which would never allow their patients to return without a cheer. The dentist would do and perform his best possible way to meet his patient’s needs and requirements till the fulfillment is achieved.
Leave a Reply