A polyp or grape-like growth in the rectum or colon is the most common in adults. They are harmless however some of them may turn into cancer. Health providers can remove it through the colonoscopy that makes use of lighted tube generally flexible so as to examine the rectum or colon. If you often face problems and illnesses related to small intestine, liver, stomach, colon, you must take help from modern diagnostic treatment.
no one will wish to live with gastrointestinal problems and deal with it every single day. So, the best solution is to take an appointment for colonoscopy in New Jersey. But before you do so, let us know more about the colonoscopy.
Overview of colonoscopy:
One of the most accurate tests designed to test cancer of the rectum and colon is Colonoscopy. It detects the diseases at the earliest and saves lives. In other words, it is an examination that is used to figure out abnormalities and changes in the large and small intestine known as colon and rectum.
During a colonoscopy test, a long and flexible tube gets inserted into the colon or rectum. A video camera is attached to the tube so as to view what’s inside the entire colon. If necessary, various types of tissues that are abnormal are removed during the colonoscopy.
For what it is done:
It is recommended to get a colonoscopy treatment to-
- Investigate intestinal signs as well as symptoms– with the help of colonoscopy the doctors will be able to explore all the causes of rectal bleeding, chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain, chronic constipation, and other intestinal symptoms.
- Screening for colon cancer– if you are above 50 and have the risk of colon cancer then you are recommended to have treatment every 10 years so as to screen colon cancer. The only option left so as to screen colon cancer is a colonoscopy.
- Look for any polyps– if you had any polyps earlier, the doctor would recommend you to follow up a colonoscopy so as to look for more polyps. The additional polyps must be removed so as to reduce the risk of colon cancer. What are those risks that can create complications during colonoscopy? It is mentioned below-
Adverse and serious reactions to sedative during the examination
Bleeding from where the tissue sample got taken or abnormal tissue has removed
A tear in the rectum or colon walls
You can discuss risk, factors, and symptoms of colonoscopy with your doctor and get a signed consent for the authorizing of the treatment procedures.
The gastro center is basically a full-service clinic specially dedicated for all sorts of gastrointestinal tract health-related conditions. For disease and illness such as biliary tract, esophagus, small intestine, stomach, pancreas, colon and many more, they are ready to treat the patient with modern treatment practices and diagnostic procedures.
However, it is more than you think. The gastro center aims to offer the most of the treatment because they believe in the importance and vitality of uniquely accessing the patients from post-diagnosis education. The pain of a patient suffering from gastrointestinal problem is very well understood by them so they help the patient in all possible ways.
If you too, experience indigestion, abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, constipation, chronic diarrhea, and similar symptoms, you can approach the gastro center in New Jersey. The center will offer you the utmost attention and care. It will provide not only world-class using the simple as well as gastroenterology care that you deserve.
What is guaranteed?
- Patient-centered care– the gastro clinic aims to give you the best care and it involves a comprehensive understanding of the things happening or going inside the patient body. In other words, they are more patient-centered and prioritize education to the patient thus helping them to understand the diagnosis, pain, and the treatment.
- World class service– it is known that the world is constantly changing and every single day new medicine took birth. The gastro clinic is updated with available technologies and education. The doctors are more committed to lifelong learning thus it ensures offering of the most trusted and latest diagnosis.
What can be expected?
It covers two sections-
During the procedure- the patient has to wear a gown and nothing else. Doctor recommends sedation the most. It is to minimize the discomfort when blended with intravenous pain medications.
The patient first has to lie down the exam table most probably on knees toward their chest. Now the doctor will insert a colonoscopy tube into the patient rectum. The tube is enough to reach the entire range of your colon that allows the doctor to pump carbon dioxide or air into the rectum. The carbon dioxide or air will inflate the colon, thus providing a view of the colon lining. The patient will feel abdominal cramping when the air got introduced to have a bowel movement.
Since the tube contains a video camera, it will send images to the monitor held outside so that the doctor will be able to study patient colon. Now the doctor will insert an instrument so as to take up the sample of the tissue through the channel and remove the polyps.
The procedure usually takes around 30-60 minutes.
After the procedure-
After the examination, it will take around an hour so as to recover from the sedative. When the polyp is removed during the colonoscopy, the patient is advised to have a special diet. The patient has to wait until the sedative completely wear off. Once it is worn off, the patient is allowed to take medications and the patient is advised not to drive down the home themselves during the day of the procedure.
Gastrointestinal cancer accounts for 50,000 annual death and it is known to be a silent killer. If not diagnosed the diseases could turn into big thus affecting both women and men. What is the key to defeating it? Diagnosis. You need a colon cancer screening from the gastro clinic to save your life.
Book an appointment and practice safe colonoscopy.
To read more on topics like this, check out the health category.