As one of the world’s premier nutritional products companies, Herbalife Nutrition sells millions of protein shakes every year. The popularity of Herbalife shakes comes from the high nutritional value, ease of use, portability, and the variety of flavors offer by the products. The protein shake can be used to build muscle, support a fat loss program, as a meal replacement drink, and for other purposes. Herbalife Nutrition has mastered the science and art of developing high-quality nutrition through decades of scientific research, sourcing of the purest ingredients, and using strict quality control measures for manufacturing. Based out of Los Angeles, Herbalife Nutrition is the preferred supplier of nutritional products for several sports organizations and top athletes in the world.
The typical modern diet can be highly processed, high calorie, and loaded with unhealthy fats and sugar. Protein shakes offer a convenient way to improve nutrition by adding protein and several other vital nutrients to the daily diet. The flexibility offered by the powder form of Herbalife protein shakes makes it easy to add just add a scoop of the product to favorite recipes.
For Herbalife Nutrition, one of their best-selling product is the Formula 1 protein shake. Combined with 8 oz. of non-fat milk, this product delivers 25 g of protein and 21 vitamins and minerals in a single serving. There is no trans-fat or cholesterol in the product. This product has won several awards and has been extremely well-received by customers around the globe. Visit the Herbalife Nutrition website for product review, a full list of ingredients, and available flavors for Formula 1 products.
How to Make Herbalife Shakes
One of the benefits of high-quality protein shake products such as Herbalife Formula 1 is that it easily mixes with different ingredients allowing consumers to be creative in how to make different protein shake recipes. For the simplest way of making a shake, just add the protein powder to water and mix with a shaker bottle.
Milk is the most popular alternatives for the base liquid with soy milk, almost milk, and low-fat milk being the most common. Adding milk allows for better taste, and more protein, but it can also add more calories to the shake. Using an electric blender with milk, ice cubes, and protein powder can help create a smoothie-type protein shake.
Shake Things Up With Add-Ons
The protein shakes can be customized with other ingredients to enhance taste and nutritional value according to individual needs.
- Protein – As the building block of the body, protein is essential to different functions of the body. Not only does it help in the growth and recovery of muscles, but it can also help reduce cravings, boost metabolism, and lower blood pressure. To add more protein to the shake, you can add scoops of protein powder or add yogurt, cottage cheese, and other natural ingredients.
- Fruits and Vegetables – If you are using an electric blender, adding fruits and vegetables is easy. Try bananas, apples, berries, pomegranate, carrots, pumpkin, and more.
- Fats – Not all fats are bad for the body, and some fats are important to many functions of the body and mind. For beneficial fats, add flax seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, or almonds.
- Extracts – An orange or lemon zest can add a fresh flavor to the protein shake. Some other popular extracts include vanilla, peppermint, and coconut.
- Spices and Herbs – Spices such as sweet cinnamon or clove, or herbs such as rosemary or mint, can be added for an antioxidant boost to the protein shake.