Most of the healthcare travellers plan for their travel to India, to receive a low-cost IVF treatment. There is no denying the fact that the cost of the procedure in India is much less compared to the other parts of the world.
However, you must be aware of the fact that different hospitals in India can charge you differently. Some might offer you the treatment at a cost as low as USD 3,500, and some might quote a price of 6,000 US Dollars.
- Availability of doctors
- Experience of doctors
- The past record of the hospital
- Patient’s Review, and
- Success-Rate too.
The best thing to do is to consult the medical tourism companies in India to land at the right treatment centre.
Why The Cost of IVF Treatment Variable?
The fundamental reasons varying the cost of the treatment is the fees of the medical team, surgeon, and the hospital. However, there are other factors too. IVF is not an identical approach for all. There is variation in the price of treatment based on:
- The cause of sterility
- The procedure followed for the treatment
- Number of IVF cycles required to get the results
- Involvement of the donor in the treatment, and
- The overall medical health of the patient, including mental health
The cost of the IVF treatment increases by 100 to 200 dollars, if you require donor sperms in the procedure. Now, if the female partner lacks the quality egg reserve, you will have to go with donor eggs. Completing the IVF procedure with donor eggs can add further the price of 500 to 600 dollars in the process.
Now, if the doctor recommends for both, that is, the donor eggs and sperms, your treatment price may enhance by 800 to 1,000 dollars. However, it is just an approximated increase in cost. You can have a further add on depending on the choice of hospital. Every hospital has different prices for the difference in treatment method.
Apart from that, the varying cost factors are:
- Completion of the IVF procedure through Laser-Assisted Hatching, adding the extra cost of 1,000 to 2,000 US dollars
- If your medical condition requires Blastocyst Culture and Transfer, there can be a further addon of USD 1,500
- Infertility Treatment Cost increases to USD 800 to 1,500 for a frozen embryo procedure
- The donor embryo IVF procedure cost is approximately 8,000 US dollars in the top IVF hospitals of India
In short, the cost of the IVF procedure entirely depends on your personalised condition and the customised treatment plan. However, one thing is sure that you cannot get high-quality treatment at a price lower than the cost of treatment in India. In India, irrespective of all the factors you will save a minimum of 8 to 10 times the cost in other countries.