If you’re looking for a healthcare approach that promotes healing without the need for surgery or medications, then chiropractic care may be the right option for you. Your chiropractor is your partner in muscle, joint, and spine health. But what conditions can a chiropractor treat? And how do you find the best chiropractor Singapore who can help you stay healthy?
Chiropractor Singapore: What conditions do chiropractors treat?
Typically, chiropractors treat conditions that are related to your body’s structure. The goal is to improve function and relieve pain. They manipulate or adjust your spine and other body parts to make sure they’re in their right position or properly aligned. When your body is in proper alignment, then you have a better chance of healing yourself, so there’s no need for surgery. Below are some of the most common conditions that chiropractor Singapore treats:
- Knee pain – Wear and tear on the knee joint can cause knee osteoarthritis, and this is very common in adults. You can seek the help of chiropractor Singapore if you’re suffering from knee pain. Some people treated with chiropractic adjustment have better movement and experience less pain after a few weeks of treatment.
- Low back pain – Low back pain is among the most common reasons why people need chiropractors. Spinal manipulation usually focuses on low back pain, and for this reason, people suffering from low back pain benefit from seeing a chiropractor. When it comes to treating lower back pain, chiropractic treatment has better results than medications from doctors.
- Migraine headaches – According to research, chiropractic spinal manipulations can help reduce pain, decrease migraine frequency, and reduce the need for migraine medication. Nobody knows how this occurs – although the authors of the study suggested that chiropractic care can reduce one’s overall stress. This, in turn, reduces the effect of migraines.
- Neck pain – Neck manipulations or adjustments can help people suffering from neck pain. These manipulations or adjustments, together with the right exercises, can work better than pain medications.
- Tension headaches – Tension headaches are a common type of headache, causing pain in the back of your neck and head. These may be caused by bad posture and stress. Chiropractor Singapore can help adjust your neck and give you some stretching exercises.
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a type of neck sprain that would often result from a car accident. This causes pain and stiffness in your neck. The pain may worsen whenever you try to turn your head and can cause dizziness.
These are just some of the reasons why people seek the help of chiropractors. Other reasons include shoulder pain and sacroiliac pain.
Chiropractor Singapore: How to find the best chiropractor
Finding a chiropractor Singapore may not be as easy as you think. To help you, here are seven tips that will help you find the best chiropractor:
Start by asking your doctor for a referral list of chiropractors in Singapore. You may also ask a family member and other healthcare providers for recommendations. Once you have a list, you can look them up and call their office. Check if they’re accepting new patients, and if so, you can schedule an appointment to meet the chiropractors. From there you can interview them about their experience.
Consider their experience
Experience always matters, especially if we’re talking about spine health issues. The more experience a chiropractor has, the better the results are likely to be. In this case, don’t forget to ask the chiropractor how many patients they’ve treated who also had your condition. If you need a specific procedure, then ask how many of those procedures they have performed. Also, find out about the complication rates – complications they’ve encountered, as well as your risk of complications.
Consider their gender
It’s very important that you feel comfortable with your chiropractor’s gender. That’s because you’ll need to discuss personal information openly. So, when it comes to chiropractic care, your gender is an important factor. Chiropractors have different skills and expertise in caring for men and women. You should ask the chiropractor about their recent training and experience related to your gender and condition.
Research the credentials of the chiropractor
One of the most important factors you need to consider, if you want to find the best chiropractor in Singapore is licensure. This tells you that the chiropractor has received the necessary training, and has the skills and experience to provide chiropractic care.
During this step, you need to confirm whether or not the chiropractor has a history of malpractice claims or if they have received disciplinary actions in the past. Check the chiropractor’s training hospital, medical school, and certifications. Also, you can find out about their malpractice and disciplinary history online.
Evaluate their communication style
Aside from gender, also consider the chiropractor’s communication style. It’s very important that you feel comfortable when talking to your chiropractor. When you first meet, you can ask the chiropractor a question, and notice how they respond. Do they welcome your questions and then answer them in a way that you can understand? Work with a chiropractor who shows interest in getting to know you, respects your decision-making process, and considers your treatment preferences.
Know if your insurance company covers chiropractic care
It’s practical to consider your insurance coverage when looking for the right chiropractor in Singapore. For you to receive the most insurance benefits, you need to choose a chiropractor who participates in your plan. But don’t forget about the chiropractor’s experience, credentials, outcomes, and hospital quality when you choose a chiropractor from your plan.
Read reviews from patients
Never forget to read what other people have to say about a chiropractor. This will help you get insight into how the chiropractor provides assistance, as well as how their practice is operated. These reviews typically reflect patients’ experiences regarding scheduling appointments, wait times, office environment, and the staff’s friendliness.
You can get a better understanding of how well the patients trust the chiropractor, how well they answer questions, and how much time they spend with their patients.