What if there was a natural product that was so versatile that you could eat it raw to promote digestive health, heart health, and brain health, reduce inflammation, and improve chronic skin conditions? Or apply it topically for soft skin, acne relief, and collagen production support? If you think CBD, you’d be wrong (although CBD also boasts a long list of incredible uses). All these mentioned benefits are of hemp seed oil – readily available everywhere in the world..
CBD oil is produced through an extraction process from the leaves and flowers of the hemp plant, which contains large amounts of CBD – known for its medicinal and therapeutic benefits – but still doesn’t get you high. CBD oil is legal but highly regulated in Canada and can only be purchased through licensed manufacturers.
In contrast, hemp oil for sleep is produced by cold pressing the seeds of the plant, not the flowers and leaves. Hemp oil therefore usually does not contain any THC or CBD (cannabidiol), but still has a number of health benefits.
Benefits of Hemp oil
Studies suggest that the rich nutritional profile of hemp seed oil provides the following benefits when taken orally:
1. Supports heart health: High levels of omega-6 and omega-3 in a 3:1 ratio. These essential fatty acids lower blood cholesterol levels thanks to their β-sitosterol content, which helps prevent heart disease. The gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) in hemp oil is known to reduce inflammation, which prevents a type of heart disease that is usually caused by inflammation.
2. It is an immune system booster: The essential fatty acids in hemp oil are needed by the body to synthesize endocannabinoids, whose function is to strengthen the immune system. Therefore, it is good to use hemp oil regularly as a supplement to strengthen immunity.
3. Hormonal balance: Researchers have found that the GLA found in hemp oil can improve hormonal health and reduce symptoms associated with PMS, such as menstrual cramps. It can also improve hormonal health in older women going through menopause and reduce symptoms such as hot flashes, irritability, and depression. Studies show that supplementation with GLA fatty acids does not cause any side effects.
4. Helps with weight loss: Gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), found in hemp seeds, can reduce sugar cravings and is a natural appetite suppressant that helps with weight loss because you consume fewer calories.
5. A powerful anti-inflammatory agent: GLA found in hemp oil is useful for people who suffer from arthritis and other inflammatory conditions, it is known for its ability to fight inflammation. Researchers believe it may also be effective in treating fibromyalgia.
6. For Pain Relief: Many people use hemp oil as a form of natural pain relief because it reduces pain when ingested or applied topically. When combined with its anti-inflammatory properties, it becomes a useful ally for injuries, infections, or autoimmune disorders that cause pain.
7. To improve cognitive function: The essential fatty acids contained in hemp oil improve memory and prevent age-related decline in brain function. Studies also suggest that hemp oil can reduce symptoms of depression and ease anxiety and you can also use hemp oil for sleep.
Although specific research on hemp oil for digestive health is not yet available, one has to know that the omega-3 essential fatty acids found in hemp oil are known to reduce any inflammation in the digestive tract and may alleviate some digestive issues tract, such as inflammatory bowel disease. In addition, the fatty acids in hemp oil support good microbes in the gut flora, which improves digestion and overall digestive health.