Athletes put a lot more stress on their system than the average person. So, it’s easy for their bodies to be out of balance and the endocannabinoid system can’t always cope on its own.
Using CBD for sports performance or recovery allows your body to endure more and recover faster.
In this article, we’ll give you a quick explanation of how athletes can benefit from using CBD regularly.
There are plenty of possible benefits of CBD for muscle recovery but also for improving your sports performance, including:
- Decreased inflammation – some studies have shown, that CBD might promote faster muscle recovery and decreased joint discomfort by decreasing excessive inflammation.
- Reduced pain – CBD can possibly decrease joint pain and relieve injuries and muscle soreness, allowing you to return to training faster.
- Lowered muscle tension – CBD might be effective for eliminating the need for muscle relaxants, like Valium, which comes with undesired side effects.
- Optimized protein synthesis and stem cell differentiation in the muscle tissue.
- Improved sleep quality – CBD can help you fall asleep faster and increase total sleep time, which is preponderant for sports recovery and maintaining physical and mental health.
How Athletes Can Use CBD
There are plenty of ways to include CBD in your routine and if you’re worried about drug tests, there is even THC-free oil.
The trick is to always start with a low dose and build up from there until you find your perfect dosage. Here are a few ways to include CBD in your life:
- CBD for pre-workout;
- CBD for post-workout;
- CBD for muscle recovery.
Use pre-workout supplements with CBD, like capsules or dissolvable powders. There are CBD post-workout supplements as well.
You can also ingest CBD oil or tinctures, apply them sublingually, or add them to food or drinks. CBD concentrates and CBD vapes are other great options.
Using CBD oil for muscle recovery can be a game-changer in both your actual recovery process and your performance. Recovering faster means you’ll be back to training faster, too. This can give you an edge over other athletes. And you don’t need to worry about drug tests if you go for THC-free CBD oil.