The Basics of Dental Implants
Dental implants in Arlington TX and throughout the United States are designed to give people artificial installations that look and feel like real teeth. When you’re missing a tooth, a dentist can drill a hole into your jawbone and insert a titanium rod. That rod serves as a support structure for the rest of the dental implant, including a crown that looks indistinguishable from your other teeth.
Once this procedure is complete, you’ll undergo a period of healing, where you may experience some pain or discomfort. But once everything is healed, you’ll be able to live your life like you normally would; you can eat and drink like normal, practice normal brushing and dental hygiene, and smile wide with your friends and family.
Reasons to Think About Getting Dental Implants
Though the procedure is the same for almost everybody, there are many different reasons why people think about getting dental implants. These are some of the most common:
1. You want a full, healthy smile. Some people are primarily motivated because they want a full, healthy smile. If you’re missing a tooth, especially if it’s a prominent tooth in the front of your mouth, you may feel self-conscious about what your smile looks like. Smiling at yourself in the mirror may make you feel uncomfortable, and you may be more reluctant to smile with other people you know. Once you have dental implants installed, you’ll feel much more comfortable giving people your widest and fullest smile.
2. You don’t want people to know you’re missing teeth. Unfortunately, some people are prone to judge others based on their missing teeth. This may be fully conscious or unconscious, but the fact remains, when people see that you’re missing teeth, they may start to think less of you. If you have a job interview coming up, if you’re active in the dating scene, or if you just like meeting new people regularly, you may want to make a better first impression on others by getting dental implants. There’s certainly nothing wrong with missing teeth, but having a full smile may leave a better impression.
3. You hate the idea of wearing dentures. Dentures serve a purpose, but they often come with a host of complex problems for wearers. They may feel uncomfortable in your mouth, they may not fit perfectly, and you’ll have to take care of them in some painstaking and exhausting ways. On top of that, you may have to avoid eating certain foods. But with dental implants, you won’t have these concerns.
4. You have speech issues and want to correct them. Missing teeth can result in speech issues, making it more difficult for you to pronounce certain words or vowel sounds. In fact, if you’re missing multiple teeth, or you suffer from other oral issues, it may be almost impossible for you to speak without a speech impediment. In some cases, dental implants may be all you need to correct these speech issues.
5. You want a permanent fix for a problem area. If you’ve struggled with dental issues for a long time, you may long for a more permanent fix. If one of your teeth is frequently sore, or if it has cracked and been repaired multiple times, you may feel inclined to simply pull it and replace it with a dental implant that will afford you much more functionality and less work.
6. You want to eat, brush, and enjoy things normally. Some people get dental implants because they want to go back to living a normal life. They want to eat the foods they love, brush their teeth, and smile without hesitation.
7. You want more confidence. Most people intuitively understand that genuinely smiling – and enjoying your own smile – can make you more confident. There’s also scientific research to back this up. People who get dental implants feel much more confident when smiling at others, and they feel more confident in general, which carries a number of benefits in their personal and professional lives.
8. You have the budget for it. Dental insurance doesn’t always cover the costs of dental implants. That’s why many people also consider their budget before they make the final decision regarding dental implants.
Are you in the market for dental implants? Are you motivated by one or more of the reasons in the preceding list? If so, it may be time to start shopping around for different services in your area. Talk to a dentist you trust and respect to find out more about this amazing procedure.
Leave a Reply