If you or a loved one is showing symptoms of anxiety, talk to your medical professional for a diagnosis and advice. He or she may recommend a prescription medication. Some over the counter and homeopathic medications have also been shown to treat anxiety successfully. Be sure to learn about the options available to you before starting any course of treatment.
What Should I Choose For My Anxiety?
The medicine marketplace can be a little confusing with choices like homeopathic medications vs natural remedies vs OTC medications facing you every day. There are several good reasons to consider medications other than prescriptions.
- Most prescription anxiety meds contain tranquilizers and sedatives. They are designed to slow down your nervous system. While this does reduce the symptoms of anxiety and feelings of panic, it can also make you sluggish and lethargic throughout your day. It could become difficult to think clearly or work well.
- Benzodiazepines, a class of common anxiety drugs, can be abused with resulting symptoms such as loss of memory, sleepiness, disturbing dreams, and even a coma leading to death.
- The over the counter drugs have a much smaller list of side effects and a lower risk of developing dependency. They are also easier to find on short notice as no prescription is needed.
- Over the counter herbal supplements can be a natural way to treat anxiety. Remember that herbs can interact with other medications, so be sure to check with your healthcare provider before beginning any herbal supplement regimen. Essential oils can also deliver calming effects without any adverse drug interactions or withdrawal symptoms.
- With over-the-counter meds, it’s easier to control the dosage. You are free to evaluate your symptoms and any adverse reactions to the medicine to find the correct dose for your situation.
Living with ADHD can be a struggle. Both children and adults wrestle with this diagnosis and its implications. Brillia over the counter anti-anxiety medication treats ADHD by using antibodies to the brain-specific S100 protein. These antibodies stop the protein from acting upon your body. Some of the results you may see include:
- Enhanced clarity
- Reduction in stress and anxiety
- Less hyperactivity
- Improved focus
- Less restlessness
- Reduced irritability
In addition to trying Brillia and other over the counter options, a holistic approach to health is key for calming anxiety. Several lifestyle choices can lay a strong foundation for over the counter meds, herbal supplements, and homeopathic medicines to do their work.
What Life Style Changes Can I Make?
One of the most effective ways to manage stress, anxiety, and ADHD is to begin a mindfulness practice. This can include meditation, breathing exercises, self-acceptance, and living in the moment.
Healthy eating is another key component to anxiety reduction. Too much sugar, processed foods, and refined carbs can wreak havoc with your body’s metabolism. These foods may give you highs and lows throughout the day.
Begin today to evaluate your health plan for managing stress. Be sure to include the possibility of over the counter medications.