If you own or manage a fitness-related business, you must familiarize yourself with the world of gym management software options available. Why? Because just like any business, the success of your gym is highly dependent on the proper management of records, efficient billing systems, and customer satisfaction. You must invest in the right management software based on the needs of your gym.
There are numerous gym management software systems out there, each equipped with different features that are suited for businesses of different types and sizes. Before you decide to invest in one, make sure you do your research and review each software first.
What is a gym management software?
A Gym management software, or also known as a fitness software, gym scheduling software, studio software, scheduling software, or membership software, helps businesses that offer memberships and classes to keep track of their members, their schedules, and their employees. Although there are numerous scheduling solutions available, it can be difficult to find one that satisfies your needs and expectations as a business. If you’re seriously considering getting one, it pays to learn the basic features that come with it so you know what to expect from it.
Basic Features of a Gym Management Software
Below are some important features you should consider when choosing a management software for your gym:
- Automated billing –this guarantees an up-to-date record of what is owed. It also allows you to be paid more efficiently with better customer service. It also has additional features such as no-show penalties, late fees payment, and cost of cancellation payment.
- Waivers and Digital Contracts –A management software solution can create contracts and waivers digitally. This feature helps business owners streamline signup and legal considerations.
- Easily track online sales and engagement –Your management software should allow for a seamless link with your website and online presence. It should allow new members to sign up any time—24 hours a day, seven days a week. Furthermore, you should be able to provide discounted classes and trial membership to pique interest. Remember, most people like to share or talk about their experience with certain businesses on social media. Have this option open as well, because you can use this to your advantage and attract new customers.
- Text and email management –Your management software should enable you to communicate with your clients through email correspondence or text messaging. You can use this as a platform to market to your clients. You can also use this platform to acknowledge milestones in your client’s lives such as birthdays and/or anniversaries.
- Real-time reporting –gym management software programs can help you keep track of your finances, provide daily reports and metrics so you can catch any irregularity. With this, you can be assured of the smooth flow of your business.
How to Use a Gym Software?
You can use a management software to assign classes and training sessions to specific employees, track employee hours, create membership limits on classes, integrate new members, keep track of members, pull reports, sell gym merchandise, send emails, and track and process payments.
Some fitness trainers actually use this kind of software to check their upcoming schedules, see how many people have signed up for their services, and also track a person’s progress. Customers, on the other hand, can use the software to look up and book classes and services online (perhaps via a dedicated app or the gym’s website), make payments, and even access their customized fitness information.
Who Uses a Management System for Gyms?
A gym management software isn’t only used exclusively by people who own, run, or manage traditional gyms. Other businesses and establishments can benefit from a scheduling software as well. For example, dance studios, spin studios, gymnastics training centers, yoga studios, salons, spas, and even independent personal trainers can use a management system. In other words, any business that focuses on providing services or classes to clients can use this fitness management software.
For schools, camps, or event venues with huge spaces and plenty of reservable spaces, it might be wise to use a traditional scheduling software. Gym management systems are focused on managing membership, trainer and class schedules, and milestone tracking, not resource management or space utilization.
What Kind of Fitness Management Software is Out There?
Since there are so many businesses that use management software systems, different companies have developed their own programs to serve niche groups. There are also industry-specific software that are less expensive and created with specific users in mind. There are gym software systems created for CrossFit Gyms, Gymnastic Studios, and for Yoga studios.
Is a Gym Scheduling Software Expensive?
Just like any other software system, a gym management system is available at different price points. Some software systems are offered at a flat rate for an unlimited amount of uses and members, while some platforms charge based on the number of users (employees/gym members) there are. However, to find out the exact pricing for such systems, you’d have to submit a request to the company you’re interested in.
Generally speaking, larger companies tend to charge more compared to the smaller ones. Some of the more established companies usually offer essential packages starting at $125 a month. Higher-tier companies offer essential packages starting at $395 a month. Niche systems, for example, offer flat monthly rates at $130 a month. Smaller systems that are used for spas, salons, and some fitness studios, start at $25 for one user, and $35 for two users. The price continues to scale upwards after that.
Just like any business, gyms, fitness studios, and personal trainers need to have a way to manage their systems, track payments, and manage members and employees. For this reason, investing in a gym management software is a must. If you do your research and look around, you’ll be able to find a management system that not only helps minimize your time doing paperwork and analog tracking but can also provide a better experience for you and your customers.
Leave a Reply