We usually come across large trucks on the roads of Indianapolis, these trucks are very important to the economy, but accidents involving large trucks can be very dangerous. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that more than 4200 fatal crashes have been reported involving large trucks in our country, this in just one year – this is a number that must be taken into account. When a truck accident occurs, the result can be devastating, causing serious long-term injuries to those involved. At Klezmer Maudlin, our truck accident lawyers understand the catastrophic nature of this type of collision, and are here to help you, guiding you legally as you need it.
If you were involved in a truck accident, or if a family member was seriously injured or died in a truck collision, do not hesitate to contact one of our Indianapolis truck accident attorney today for a free consultation.
Reasons to hire truck accident lawyers
An important reason to hire a lawyer after a truck accident is that this type of accident is often more complicated than accidents involving only passenger vehicles. Reasons to include:
- More serious damage. The damage value in this type of claim tends to be very high since the damage is very serious. The people involved usually have higher medical expenses, lost wages, damage to property and other more losses. Fortunately, in cases of accidents with trucks the insurance values are usually higher. However, with so much money at stake, you can be sure that the insurer will be reluctant.
- Greater difficulty in determining the culprit. Car accidents usually occur due to the negligence of one of the drivers involved. Truck accidents are often more complicated. Even though there is no doubt that the accident may have occurred due to the driver’s negligence, and is usually the reason for the collision, there may still be many other potential causes that must be thoroughly investigated and explored, including:
- Inappropriate upload
- Loading improperly fixed
- Negligence of the transport company
- Defective vehicle part
- Ineffective vehicle maintenance
- And more…
It is often necessary to hire specialists to investigate a truck accident.
- The potentially most responsible parties. While it is difficult to determine the culprit for making a claim in a truck accident, we must also determine the parties involved in the accident that must also be taken into account. Here are some examples of potentially responsible parties:
- The driver
- Driver of other vehicles
- The shipping company
- The owner of the truck or trailer
- Loan companies
- The charger and the unloader
- The owner of the cargo
- The truck manufacturer or truck part
- The person responsible for maintaining the road, such as the governmental entity
- Negotiating with the transportation company. One reason that every claim for accidents involving trucks is more complex than others, such as two passenger vehicles, is that a large carrier has many resources to fight for the claim. This can make things more difficult when it comes to receiving fair individual compensation.
Luckily, even if the case of the truck accident is very complex, you will not need to go through this process alone. Our truck accident lawyers are prepared to stand by you throughout the process.
Leave a Reply