When it comes to dealing with plumbing problems, everyone will choose the most efficient and cost-effective solution to solve the problem. Many choose the do-it-yourself method rather than calling a professional plumber Melbourne to immediately fix the problem, yet they still have to deal with the same or even worse issue in the near future.
There are advanced methods available to fix plumbing problems, and one of them is the pipe relining method, known to offer many benefits for property owners compared to the traditional pipe replacement method. For your benefit, this article will share with you the main factors that influence the cost of a pipe relining service, so that you can make a clever decision and decide whether it is the right solution for you.
- Type and dimensions
A trenchless pipe has a lot of variation in type and dimensions. Therefore, this choice can affect the charged prices. You need to measure properly the length of your existing damaged pipe and its dimensions, so you can determine what kind of trenchless pipe and how long it is that you need to fix the problem.
Generally, below are pipe materials that are common in plumbing structures and used for pipe relining.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride): thin, long-lasting, and low-cost. As it is compact, it is much easier to reline this kind of pipe.
- Cast iron: sturdy yet expensive to look after, because it is vulnerable to corrosion. If you want to use this type of pipe, then you need to allocate an extra budget to scrap the rust and scale the buildup before the relining process.
- Concrete: tough and durable. This is frequently applicable to pipes with bigger diameters. However, it requires specially designed tools to reline this type so that it may increase the cost.
- HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene): adaptable and durable against corrosion. It is popular because it is low maintenance, however, it involves a specific approach and components to reline this type of pipe. This method leads to higher prices.
- Project difficulty and ease of access
The degree of complexity determines the amount of work required, and it results in a significant effect on the overall price, as it will take into account some subjects such as the material and labour costs. The level of difficulty can be calculated by identifying the severity of the damage and the location of the pipe issue. If it is not easy to access the damaged pipe, you may need more advanced tools or a much longer time to finish the project. The factor of the landscape can also affect significantly the complexity of the project. For instance, if there are big tree roots or electricity lines near the area.
In addition to the known factors, hidden costs and unforeseen challenges may arise during the pipe relining process, impacting the overall cost. These could include unexpected complications such as underground obstructions, intricate pipe configurations, or unforeseen damage that becomes apparent only after the project commences.
While unexpected complications may arise, the resilience and durability provided by pipe relining ensure a long-term solution. A reliable pipe relining Melbourne professional will help you calculate the most effective solution to your plumbing problem. Choosing pipe relining will address current plumbing issues and contribute to the longevity and efficiency of your entire plumbing system.