You might have opted for a home pregnancy test as it did go on to showcases a negative result. But what about the possibility of a first response false negative 2018 test.
Mostly you could have heard stories where you might not even be aware that you are pregnant. A woman did go on to opt for a home pregnancy test where negative results emerged and the progress did go on to progress without her knowledge. This though might send shivers down your spine, but you should worry about such a thing happening to you. A first response pregnancy false negative is not expected to happen as long as you are taking the test in a proper manner. But still there are some reasons where you can get a negative reading in spite of the fact that you are pregnant. This is what you need to avoid on all counts.
You should not be taking the test too early
You might be really anxious to find out whether you are pregnant or not, but avoid the desire of taking up the test too early. Be aware they are qualitative tests and their main objective is to measure the levels of HCG is part of your urine or not. A major portion of this hormone is not seen a few days after you have gone on to miss your period.
Once the period is due the accuracy of a home pregnancy test shoots up to as high as 97 %. In case of the remaining 3 % it is going to need some amount of time. The reason being that the menstrual cycle of a woman can end up varying most women would not be having enough amount of HCG to pick up in your urine samples. The moment you receive a negative pregnancy test you need to wait for a few days and opt for the test once again.
Once you are pregnant the HCG levels in your urine end up doubling. If numbers are an indicator they should end up doubling once in 48 hours. In such cases you should be able to trust the negative pregnancy result if you have gone on to take say a week after your missed period. Most women figure out whether they are pregnant after 4 to 6 weeks of their missed period.
Follow the protocols correctly for a test
Do follow the instructions that come along with a pregnancy test to ensure that you are taking the test in a proper manner. A general suggestion would be to take the test the first thing in the morning as your urine levels are more concentrated at this point of time.
Taking a test with an unexpired pregnancy kit
This is something that you need to guard against when you are opting for a home pregnancy test. Be selective in the choice of a pregnancy kit. Double check whether it has not expired due date as the test results will not be conclusive.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.