Studies show that 92% of people who set goals for the new year fail to achieve them. That leaves only 8% in the winner’s circle!
What makes the difference?
There are many answers to this question. However, almost every success story out there was made possible because the hero had help.
And the truth is, everyone could use a little help.
Young or old, hiring a personal trainer can revolutionize the way you work out and the results you get.
Check out these 5 ways a trainer can help you achieve your goals!
1. Personal Trainer, an Aptly Named Profession
Personal training is kind of like being a motivator, a therapist, and a friend all in one.
Most clients share personal things with a trainer. Many clients even end up breaking down to them.
In this way, trainers form a bond with their clients and it goes both ways.
When you hire a personal trainer and form a strong relationship, you have the extra motivation not to disappoint them. This can be especially helpful on the diet front, as that is where most people struggle the most.
This also has the added benefit of looking forward to each session because you get to see your friend!
2. Holding You Accountable
A personal trainer will hold you accountable and call you out on your excuses.
The things you see as hurdles, your trainer sees as justifications for bad habits.
Having a strong-willed, outspoken trainer will help you abolish your bad habits once and for all.
A personal trainer also holds you accountable simply by having a standing appointment with you. You are much more likely to wake up early or go in after a long day at work if you know someone is waiting for you.
Finally, you are financially accountable to your goals. You paid for your training, it would a shame not to use it!
3. Pushing You To Your Potential
Personal trainers specialize in motivating people to their full potential.
Most people don’t really know how to push themselves. They reach that small level of pain and immediately back off.
A trainer knows you’re capable of more. They know without pain and struggle, there’s no growth.
Now, don’t let this scare you off! Your trainer also knows your limits.
4. Tracking and Ensuring Your Progress
One thing personal trainers do incredibly well is creating goals and tracking your progress toward them.
Many people waste extraordinary amounts of time, even years, spinning their wheels in the gym and going nowhere.
A trainer will keep track of your physical results such as weight loss, fat loss, and muscle gained. A good trainer will also track your performance, such as how much weight you’re lifting or how fast you’re running.
5. Creating a Program Specific to You and Your Goals
Finally, a personal trainer will create a personalized program for your individual needs. Some trainers will even lay out a nutrition plan for you and offer advice for things you can do outside the gym to be healthier.
Hiring a trainer will ensure that you are getting a plan unique to you and your goals.
A Personal Trainer, a Therapist, or a Good Friend?
Why not all three?
Hiring a personal trainer is getting the biggest bang for your buck. With all of the benefits of having a fitness professional in charge of your goals, you really can’t afford to not have one.
Looking for more health and fitness advice? Check out our blog!
Leave a Reply