Wondering how to gain weight and lean mass in a healthy way? To reach that goal it is very important to increase your intake calories while indulging in an appropriate workout program. Increase your meal portions and invest in the mass gainer like MuscleBlaze weight gainer, check out the varieties of weight gainers from the house MuscleBlaze, a leading supplement brand. This can be the right strategy.
If you are struggling with what to eat to gain weight, then here is a list of some eating ideas that you can follow.
Eating Tips To Gain Weight
- Eat often and large meals: Try to have 3 large meals and 2-3 snacks a day.
- Eat high-calorie foods: Opt for starchy vegetables, dried fruits, whole-grain breads, nuts, and cereals.
- Include healthy carbs and protein: Choose Soy Protein Powder, organic honey, and wheat.
- Include healthy unsaturated fats: Canola and olive oil, peanut butter, seeds and avocados are the good sources of healthy unsaturated fats.
- Make healthy beverages: Drink smoothies, shakes, milk, instead of diet sodas, tea and coffee.
- Do resistance workout: Weight training is effective in converting extra calories to muscles than those flabs. Aim to workout for at least 2 to 3 times a week.
Quick and Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Have whole fruit, yogurt, nonfat milk powder and oat bran for a quick energy meal to go.
- Have peanut butter with whole wheat bread and don’t forget to add banana and a glass of milk. You can also try dry dates and milk.
- Try to make your own trail mix at home. Fill a bag with nuts, raisins and your favourite dry cereal. Instead of using fruit yogurt, add fresh fruits in plain yogurt.
- Mix baked potato with sauteed veggies and have hearty bean soup.
- Use shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, baked beans, homemade tomato sauce and whole wheat bread to make a sandwich.
Quick and Easy To Make Snack Ideas
Cereals: You will be surprised to know that healthy cereals like granola, muesli and oats contain some healthy calories and are a perfect snack for weight gainers. Add in some fruits, raisins and whole milk to get a healthy high-calorie snack.
Nuts: You can try various recipes using nuts such as almonds, pecans and hazelnuts combined with aromatic spices, and dried fruits creating a nutritious, healthy and delicious on-the-go snack. You can use any variety of nuts.
Tuna: Tuna is one of the favourite food items for fitness buffs because of its low-fat content and high protein. You can try various tuna snacks such as tuna stuffed eggs, tuna-stuffed avocado, tuna dip and more.
Whole Fat Dairy Products: Whole fat dairy products have got a bad reputation, but actually they are good for health. Saturated fat found in them is different from that found in meat. Try adding whole fat cheese like cheddar and swiss to your sandwiches. Use yogurt in your smoothies and drinks.
Crackers and Bagels: Yes, you read that right! But you don’t need to grab the one that contains white bread. Bagels and crackers made from the whole wheat, sesame and bran and give help you gain some pounds in a healthy way. Feel free to add peanut butter or organic honey to it.
Fruits and Vegetable Salad: Snacking on vegetables and fruit salads contains minerals, vitamins and healthy sugars that can help you in adding some healthy kilos.
Soups: Try hearty black bean, split pea, lentil, chilli with beans, or barley soups. These soups contain more carbs and calories and carbohydrates than beef, brothy chicken, and vegetable types.
Drinks You Should Have
Avoid getting packed fruit juice, regular soft drinks, coffee, and tea, instead go for the homemade juice, low-fat milk, shakes, vegetables and fruit smoothies.
Some Other Tips To Gain Weight
- Avoid drinking water before your meals as your stomach will fill, and you won’t be able to eat more and get enough calories. As it suppresses the appetite.
- Have an extra meal or snack whenever you can, like before bed.
- Having whole milk is a great way to get more high-quality protein and calories.
- You can also try weight gainer protein shakes if you are struggling to get enough calories. These are very high in carbs, protein, and calories.
- Use bigger plates to eat, if you are trying to get more calories, as using smaller plates to eat makes people automatically eat less.
- Add cream to your smoothie, easy way to add more calories.
- Try a muscle-building supplement like creatine monohydrate that can help in gaining a few pounds and muscles too.
- Getting good sleep is important for gaining weight and muscles.
- While you are eating, make sure to eat the protein-rich and calorie-dense foods first and the vegetables at last.
- Avoid smoking as smokers tend to weigh less as compared to non-smokers.
Conclusion: Gaining weight can be difficult for a few people as it depends on body type, lifestyle and other factors. Whether you try to lose weight or gain weight, the body resists the changes by controlling the metabolic rate and hunger levels. It can take longer as expected but remember to be consistent if you want to achieve your body goals.
Have you followed any of these tips, how was your experience? Do you have any weight gain strategy? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below. We would love to know. Stay Safe! Eat Healthy!