You may belong to a health club, where you go to exercise for increased cardiovascular health and muscle tone and to feel better overall. Zeo now invites you to enter a Sleep Fitness process. Zeo helps you see your sleep patterns, understand what affects them, and learn what you can do to increase your well-being as it relates to sleep.
Zeo was created with one shining goal in mind: to help you discover the unique way you sleep and the factors that may be affecting your sleep, so that you can manage and improve your Sleep Fitness.
What is Sleep Fitness?
Sleep Fitness is the ability and process to feel your best through the power of sleep.
The 7 Sleep Stealers™
There are a number of factors that can impede sleep fitness. In consultation with top sleep scientists, we’ve identified the 7 most common sleep disruptors in adult people’s lives. We call them the 7 Sleep Stealers. And as you’ll see when you check out this list, they can and do detract from many people’s Sleep Fitness.
1. Health issues include any physiological factors that may disrupt your sleep. These issues could be pain, pregnancy, depression, or illness – everything from a cold to a more serious disease.
2. Anxiety and stress can keep your mind spinning long after you should have fallen asleep. This sleep stealer can also make it hard to fall back asleep if you should awaken during the night.
3. A disruptive bedroom environment includes light, noise, temperature (whether it’s too warm or too cold), and overall discomfort, perhaps caused by a lumpy or sagging mattress.
4. An inconsistent sleep schedule can disrupt your ability to sleep well. You may generally maintain a regular sleep schedule but suffer from occasional jet lag. Or you might work nights or do shift work, which makes it hard to find a regular bedtime. Or, you may just have trouble sticking to a regular schedule.
5. Stimulating nighttime activities can derail your Sleep Fitness when you engage in these activities too close to bedtime. Stimulating pursuits include working, emailing, paying bills, watching TV, exercising, or dealing with strong emotional issues.
6. A poor sleep diet can also steal sleep. Sleep stealing diets include caffeine, heavy or spicy meals, alcoholic beverages, or late night meals – any of these dietary inputs can interrupt your body’s natural sleep rhythms if you consume them too close to bedtime.
7. Bedmates, kids, and pets can be some of the most difficult sleep stealers. When such company is noisy or restless, they can wreak havoc on your sleep.
Harnessing Zeo’s Power for Your Sleep Fitness
Zeo can play a role in helping you achieve Sleep Fitness, whether or not those 7 Sleep Stealers are disrupting your sleep.
You want to get a better night’s rest, and Zeo can help. By using your sleep data, watching those cause and effect patterns, and increasing your knowledge about sleep through education, you harness Zeo’s power to enhance your Sleep Fitness.
The 7 Step Sleep Fitness Program™
We’ve also developed a guided, sleep coaching program to help alleviate those 7 Sleep Stealers. The program is a guided tour grounded in the science of sleep coaching, that leads you to evaluate your Sleep Fitness and address the 7 Sleep Stealers, one at a time, at your own pace.
As your Sleep Fitness improves, you’ll probably find that you’re more satisfied with how you sleep and how you feel throughout the day. And after all, that’s what Sleep Fitness is all about.